Pages

Friday 14 May 2021

Punctuation worksheet

What is a full stop and when does it get used?

We can use a full stop at the end of a sentence.



Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a full stop.

  • (I went to go and get a lot of food.)

  • (I like to go to my nana’s house to go and eat food.My nana’s food is so yummy.) 

  • (I like to go to the shop’s to buy me some fidgets.When i get my fidget’s i always get food to get.Then when i get home i eat.)


What is a question mark and when does it get used?

It can be used after you ask a question.

That is why it is called a question Mark because after you ask a question you need to put a question mark there.


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a question mark.

  • (What day is it today?)

  • (What is the date to day?.Can i get this?.)

  • (Can i get some food?.Are you ok?.can i go to the shop with you?.)


What is a speech mark and when does it get used?

“Come Here” said Miss Tuia.


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a speech mark.

  • (“Come Here” said Miss Tuia.)

  • (“Come Here” said Miss Tuia.Madly.)

  • (“Come Here” said MissTuia.’’Come “Here man said Miss Tuia.Go get me a pen.)


What is a comma and when does it get used?



Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a comma.

  • (When we went to go and eat dinner there was some yummy food like sea food,home made burgers,home made Chips,salad,tongan food, .)


  • (When my family goes to the pools we pack a lot of food because my mum says you never say no if you're going to be hugrue. so we packed chips,cookies,sandwiches and more.)


  • (When my family goes on a road trip we pack a lot of food. When I say a lot I mean alot we pack cookies,chips,lollies,burgers,fries,and money so that we can get food.)


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of an exclamation point.

  • (At camp I had to scream LET”S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!.)

  • (When i am Mad i go AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .And when i am not mad i go LET”S GO!!!!!!!!!!!.

  • (Sometimes When i am so lonely I just go LET”S GO!!!!!! To myself.But when i go to my dad’s mum’s house i always say LET”S GO!!!! A Lot of times.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.