Pages

Friday 13 August 2021

NZ Olympians 2020

 Interview: New Zealand Olympians 



Challenge: imagine you are a journalist that is going to interview a New Zealand athlete that competed at the Tokyo Olympics 2020. Choose an athlete that you would want to interview. Who would you want to interview? What are some things that you want to ask them?


Me: Hi Valerie Adams. My name is Temalisi, or you can call me Lisi, and I have been learning about you at school. So what we did was we got to pick a New Zealand Olympian and you were the first one to come to my head. Also I have a few questions to ask you. First of all, how does it feel to have won all three medals - a bronze, a silver, and a gold? .


Valerie Adams: Well it feels amazing. The most special one was the bronze though because I did it for my two kids and it feels so good. I feel like I'm the most amazing mum because I did it for my family and I think that family comes first and ya.


ME: I agree with you. I like doing things for my family too. Okay, next question. Is it hard to throw the hard rock ball as far as you can?


Valerie Adams: The shot put weighs 4kg for women and that is why I try to do my best to get fit so I can throw it. I have to do a lot of weight training so that I get used to how heavy the shot put can be. It is a professional sport, so I need to make sure that I am strong enough to be a sportsperson.


ME: I think I could try my best to do that because we have Athletics coming up in a few weeks. Also we are going to be having a mini Olympics next week on friday and i’m going to try and be fit like you so if we do shot put I can throw the ball so far that no one can get it. So, how do you feel competing for New Zealand?


Valerie Adams: Mhmm, okay, well it feels amazing playing for Aotearoa. It’s good to play for the place where I came from and grew up in. My Dad is from New Zealand, and my Mum is Tongan, so to be able to represent one of my cultures, it is a true blessing. It's actually wonderful.


ME: I’m Tongan too! I think that if I was in the Olympics and I got to represent Tonga, I would be just like you. So next question, how does it feel to be one of the most famous shot put throwers?


Valerie Adams: I don't know. I just feel like a normal woman but only sometimes like when I go shopping or out with my family, there will be that person that comes to me and goes “OMG!!” And I’ll take a picture with them without trying to be awkward. Hahahaha and ya.


ME: I think that is a good answer because i try my best to go for a run at least 12 time’s a week and 2 time’s a day, one at day light and one at night time but not too dark only when the sun is sitting. What do you eat to keep fit and what  do you do to grow your big muscles?


Valerie Adams: So umm what i do is that i make sure I eat a healthy diet and i go to the gym and lift weights. When it’s very heavy, it’s more better for me to keep practicing and ya. Thank you for asking me all of these questions. I hope you got to know me a little bit more.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.